Triumph Motorcycles India just launched the all new Tiger 1200XCX in India. Talking about this 1200cc beast with new specifications, technology and engine enhancements, Mr. Vimal Sumbly, Managing Director, Triumph Motorcycles India Pvt. Ltd. said, ”Being the pioneer in it’s category, the Tiger 1200 series with its state-of-the-art features and rider focused technology is suited both for on-road as well as off-road riding, ensuring superb stability and control.”
Starting at Rs. 17 Lac, this new Tiger is a bike that allows riders to ride limitlessly, have adventures and explore anywhere and everywhere. Built for an advanced level of adventure and maximum dominance, the new Tiger 1200 has taken a full four years to develop. Mr. Vimal Sumbly further claimed that the bike boasts of the best in its class, with rider-focused technological innovations, engine characterization and premium styling.
The Triumph Tiger 1200 XCX comes with some great features. These are:
- Triumph Shift Assist- Providing seamless clutchless up and down gearshifts, significantly reducing rider fatigue
- Adaptive Cornering Lighting- Advanced dynamic system providing enhanced night-time visibility, with increasing lighting intensity dependant on lean angle
- Arrow titanium and carbon fibre silencer- High specification, lightweight and stylish Arrow silencer, finished with a titanium wrap and carbon fibre end cap and strap
- All-LED lighting- Providing more enhanced visibility and style, Triumph’s LED signature lighting creates clear views ahead and from behind
- 5-inch adjustable TFT instruments- Full colour and clear instrumentation providing precise rider information with an intuitive operation
- Backlit handlebar switch cubes and 5-way joystick control-New ergonomically-designed fully backlit handlebar switch cubes and joystick to make night-time use even easier
- “Off-Road Pro” riding mode – Delivering the most focused off-road set up ever, advanced riders aid can opt to turn off rider systems and be in total control with no traction control or ABS intervention.
- Keyless ignition–Now even easier to live with daily, featuring a premium keyless ignition
- Updated cruise control- Accessed easily through the left hand switch cube, the new single button cruise control helps to reduce rider fatigue.
- 1215cc triple engine with shaft drive delivering 141PS
- Triumph Semi-Active Suspension incorporating WP adjustable front and rear suspension
- Brembo Monobloc 4-piston radial calipers and integrated braking system
- Up to six riding modes
- Hill hold control
- Electrically adjustable touring screen
- Inertial Measurement Unit (six axis)
- Optimised cornering ABS
- Optimised cornering traction control
- Ride-by-wire throttle
- Heated grips & heated rider and pillion seats
- Advanced on-board computer and immobiliser
- Power sockets (2 x 12v, 1 x USB)
With over 100 improvements, the 2018 Tiger 1200 gets a host of cosmetic updates that make it more premium and well equipped compared to two of its staunch rivals, the Ducati Multistrada and the BMW R1200GS. Let’s wait till we get our hands on this bike and tell you whether it is worth the money or not.